One of the biggest wastes of energy in modern business is being jealous of your competitors' success.
In this post, I want to explore different ways that you can get inspired by those successes to fuel your own strategies, and spend that energy more productively. These options come from a place of being proactive about what you can do, instead of just brewing an internal sense of rivalry that neither benefits you nor your event attendees.
The 9 areas of this competitive analysis framework that you can try just by looking at your competitors' sites are these:
- Organic Social Media; what channels do your shared audiences prefer?
- Paid Social Media; where are the competition spending their money?
- SEM & Display Ads; what are your competitors pushing?
- Content & SEO; what search terms are your attendees using?
- Community Building; how do you keep attendees excited?
- Web Technologies; what tools are making your competitors' lives easier?
- Tickets; how are your competitors selling their event?
- Lead Generation; how are your competitors gathering interest?
- Sponsorship; how are your competitors funding their events?
But let's go into a little more detail...Read More